Environmental health scientists strive to understand how environmental exposures affect human health and disease, and how human activities affect the environment. We study the interaction of environmental and human health, specifically within areas of microbiology, toxicology and exposure science.
Strategic alliances and collaborations within and outside of the Arnold School of Public Health allow our environmental health sciences graduate students and faculty to conduct basic and applied research to improve public health at both the local and global level.
Graduates from the Environmental Health Sciences MPH program offered at University of South Carolina obtain employment within federal, state and local public health and environmental regulatory agencies, non-profit organizations, industry, consulting firms and universities. Positions include health and safety officer, risk assessor, risk manager, outreach coordinator, resource manager and health physicist.
- Global Environmental Health
- Environmental Pollution and Health
- Global Environmental Health
- Environment and Obesity
- Public Health Microbiology
- Independent Study
- Special Topics in Environmental Health Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Health Sciences Environmental Sciences View 199 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Carolina and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives describing your academic and research interests, relevant work experiences, academic/professional goals and objectives (maximum two pages)
- At least three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional sources
- Official transcripts from all schools or colleges previously attended
- Non-US institution transcripts must be verified by World Education Services (WES) or equivalent evaluation service. Please submit a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation (WES ICAP)
- GRE scores
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.