You have a passion for serving humankind, and you believe you can make a real difference in the public health industry. We can give you both the administrative and public-health skills you need for a successful career in government or civil service.
Before you hit the job market, though, you need a solid foundation in public health. To start, we're going to teach you about epidemiology, management, policy, social and behavioral sciences, and biostatistics, among other subjects. At the same time, as part of your MPA program, you'll study about administrative ethics, public administration, research, budgeting, and human resources. Finally, we have a bunch of MPH electives to build on what you've learned, covering everything from Managing Public Health Programs and Public Health Law to Health Economics and more. Our goal is to help you be well prepared for the job market—and to make a significant impact on people's lives.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham MPA program is a partner with the Peace Corps Coverdell Fellowships Program.
- Earning your MPH online? It's one of the best online programs of its kind, says OnlineMasters.com.
- This is Public Health
- Community Assessment
- Public Health Management and Evaluation
- The Public Policymaking Process
- Scope of Public Administration
- Quantitative Methods for PA
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Health Health Administration View 1028 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Alabama at Birmingham and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Students must apply separately to each program.
- To apply for the MPA, students must apply through the UAB Graduate School. Select "Public Administration (MPA)" under the drop-down menu for your intended program of study and select the term you wish to apply. Please note your intent to apply to the coordinated MPH/MPA program in your statement of purpose.
- Learn how to apply to SOPH. Students must apply through the UAB Graduate School. Select "Public Health (MPH)" under the drop-down menu for your intended program of study. Then, select the “Public Health and Public Administration MPH/MPA" concentration for the term you wish to apply. The test score field is required, so enter "GRE" and a date to advance in the application.
International39650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1220 USD per credit during 24 months.
National37115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1142 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 484 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.