As the health-care debate continues in America and worldwide, we need people like you to tackle critical issues. Learn about environmental and occupational factors on health, disease progression, insurance, access to care, and more, so you can be prepared for important administrative positions in health services.
In fact, because you'll be pursuing two degrees, you can develop a highly-marketable skill set when you earn this degree. The two curriculums will total 92 credit hours. In public health, you'll choose a concentration that fits with your particular interests. Your choices will include environmental health science, epidemiology, health behavior, health care organization and policy, or the general course of study. Your MS in Health Administration (MSHA) will cover topics such as financial management, leadership development, health law, economics, and marketing. Best of all, you'll have the opportunity to take part in an internship, where you'll get crucial real-world experience. While your MSHA will be on campus, you'll be able to take MPH courses either on campus, online, or a blend of the two. In the end, we want you to be prepared for success as you hit the job market.
- UAB's MSHA program was recently ranked No. 1 in the nation in health-care management graduate programs by the U.S. News & World Report.
- Our MPH program is one of the best online programs of its kind in the nation, according to OnlineMasters.com.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This is Public Health
- Public Health Management and Evaluation
- Environment and Health: The MPH Capstone
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Quantitative Methods in Health Services Admin
- Human Resources Management in Health Services Administration
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1326 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Online application(s)
- Official transcripts from every college-level institution attended — transcripts from institutions outside the U.S. or Canada must undergo a course-by-course evaluation through World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
- English proficiency test score for international applicants (80 or above for TOEFL; 6.5 or above for IELTS)
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional references
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- Standardized test scores (GRE or other accepted tests)
International34799 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1173 USD per credit during 36 months.
National32574 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1098 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State13795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 465 USD per credit during 36 months.
- Online Courses Offered: In-State and Out-of-State Costs: $549 Each semester hour of coursework
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.