The Mathematical Statistics programme from Stockholm University is an excellent preparation for doctoral studies, and also provides a solid foundation for a professional career within the private or public sector. Strong competence in Mathematical Statistics is demanded in sectors such insurance, banking and finance, pharmaceutical companies and medical research institutions.
There is a mandatory set of 22.5 credits consisting of advanced courses in probability theory, statistical inference and stochastic processes. Other courses of 67.5 credits are elective and can be used to model your own competence profile. The programme ends with a diploma work of 30 credits which leads to a Master's Degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Communication
- Computer Intensive Statistical Methods
- Statistical Models
- Probability theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 13 other Masters in Statistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree with 45 ECTS credits in Mathematics, 15 ECTS credits in Computer Science/Numerical Analysis and 60 ECTS credits in Mathematical Statistics. English B/English 6 (Swedish upper secondary school course) or equivalent.
- Grades of academic courses and the relevance of previous studies in relation to the programme
International13348 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26697 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition fees only concern citizens outside the EU, EES and Switzerland
- First instalment: 70000 SEK
- Total course/programme fee: 280000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.