During lectures and laboratory sessions in this two-year programme, you will meet teachers who perform research within subjects such as applications in biostatistics, climatology, econometrics, finance and probabilistic modelling.
The Mathematical Statistics programme at Stockholm University includes traditional measure-theoretic probability theory to provide a solid mathematical foundation as well as a statistical consultancy. Whether you wish to specialise in a more applied or theoretical direction, you are assured high-quality education with active researchers as teachers.
- One of the many advantages with a background in mathematical statistics, is that your career options are found in the most unexpected and exciting sectors.
- This programme is an excellent preparation for PhD studies, but our graduates also work with risk analysis in the insurance and financial sector, statistical analysis in medicinal science, climatology and probability calculations in the telecommunication industry. If you are looking for even more inspiration, the department hosts a yearly career fair for mathematicians.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Communication
- Computer Intensive Statistical Methods
- Statistical Models
- Probability theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 18 other Masters in Statistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree with 45 ECTS credits in Mathematics, 15 ECTS credits in Computer Science/Numerical Analysis and 60 ECTS credits in Mathematical Statistics.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International13902 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27805 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 70000 SEK. The complete programme: 280000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.