As a public health and social work expert, you can make difference in the way poverty affects people in both inner cities and rural communities. In this coordinated degree program, we can give you the skills you need to work in policy and program development, community organizations, research, and teaching.
With the right skill set, we believe you'll have a significant impact. That's why we've designed this program so you can tailor it to meet your needs. After you take your core MPH courses, you'll take 12 credit hours of focus courses in the Maternal and Child Health concentration. Best of all, even though this coordinated degree is offered through the University of Alabama School of Social Work and UAB's School of Public Health, you'll find quite a bit of flexibility in your schedule. You may complete the program online, in class, or through a blended combination of the two.
- UA's Master of Social Work Program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- UAB's MPH online program is one of the best in the nation, according to OnlineMasters.com.
- This is Public Health
- Community Assessment
- Quantitative Methods in Public Health
- Programs and Policies
- Public Health Management and Evaluation
- Leadership for Evidence-Based Public Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 2092 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
To apply, students must have at least a bachelor's degree. Students are admitted separately to the MSW and MPH programs. The GRE is not required of MPH or MSW applicants.
- Learn how to apply to SOPH. Students must apply to the MPH program through the UAB Graduate School. Select "MPH dual degree program" from the drop-down menu. Select "MPH dual program" and then the MSW/MPH track.
- Students also apply to the MSW program through the UA Graduate School.
International43140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1438 USD per credit during 36 months.
National32940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1098 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State13950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 465 USD per credit during 36 months.
- Online Courses Offered: In-State and Out-of-State Costs: $549 Each semester hour of coursework
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.