The University of Alabama at Birmingham Physician Assistant Studies program provides intense didactic and clinical experiences in primary care, medicine and surgery. In fact, our program is one of the few PA programs that offers both a cadaveric dissection experience to supplement our anatomy course, and a live pig lab to provide a practical, hands-on experience to strengthen the surgical component of our core curriculum.
Students in the PA program have an opportunity to study within the UAB Hospital system, which is noted to be one of the top medical centers in the U.S. Our students also have opportunities to complete clinical rotations in emergency medicine, primary care, trauma, critical care, and surgery, at clinical sites located within and surrounding the Birmingham area. Graduates of our 27-month program earn a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) degree.
- The UAB physician assistant program was established in 1967, making it the second oldest like it in the U.S.
- Professional Skills Development
- Human Gross Anatomy
- Medical Physiology
- Clinical Lab Medicine
- History and Physical Examination
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 156 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college/university.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test scores from the Verbal, Quantitative and Analytic sections or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT).
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (A = 4.0).
- A minimum overall science grade point average of at least 3.0 (A = 4.0).
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in the program prerequisite courses, with a minimum grade of C in each.
- All applicants with 9 or fewer semester hours of prerequisite courses to complete on Jan 1st of the year of admission will be considered for admission.
- Interview with faculty.
- Medical clearance: UAB physician assistant students must be medically cleared for enrollment if accepted to program. Detailed information is available via UAB Student Health Services.
- Undergo a criminal background check and consent to drug testing if accepted into the program.
International73497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1438 USD per credit during 27 months.
National69664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 27 months.
In-State29235 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 USD per credit during 27 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.