Before you begin, it's important to know what you want to do with your degree. Then, you can choose the concentration that best suits your goals. For instance, we offer five different concentrations, and some even have specific specializations so you can further focus your study. Your courses could cover anything from nutrition counseling and advanced medical nutrition, or maybe research methodology, healthcare systems, or statistics. If you are interested in becoming a registered dietitian, our Clinical Track/Dietetic Internship program may be the right path for you.
The MS in Nutrition Sciences program at The University of Alabama at Birmingham was designed to offer a comprehensive experience for students, including coursework and experiences in how to save lives, prevent disease, and improve quality of life.
- Students gain clinical and research experience in NIH-funded centers including the UAB Nutrition Obesity Research Center, the O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the UAB Diabetes Research Center.
- Communications in Nutrition
- RDN Certification Review
- Advanced Medical Nutrition
- Principles and Practice of Nutrition Support
- Advanced Food System and Resource Management
- Internship Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 341 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- A 'B' average computed overall, or alternatively computed over the last 60 semester hours of earned credit in nutrition;
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university or college in the United States or other majors with specified prerequisite courses;
- GRE Score within the past five years for select tracks (please check with the program for specific track requirements); competitive candidates have a combined GRE score of at least 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections; and
- Complete a criminal background check and drug screen at program admission and again prior to clinical placement as required by school policy for select tracks. Please check with the program for specific track requirements.
- GRE (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTEA also required for international applicants whose native language is not English.)
International35610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1187 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1109 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.