We offer a master degree in Geomatics with Remote Sensing and GIS at Stockholm University. Landscape change, environmental monitoring and mapping, as well as environmental issues in general, feature significantly on the daily political agenda.
- Teaching emphasizes both hands-on experience and the exploration of fundamental concepts and methods and is linked to research undertaken at the department.
- Outreach activities, internships and research collaborations ensure our students gain insights into real world problems and applications leading to enhanced opportunities when entering the job market.
- Applied Remote Sensing and GIS for Landscape Analysis
- Geographic Analysis and Visualisation in GIS
- Advanced Remote Sensing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) General Engineering & Technology View 8 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stockholm University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology-earth sciences, geography, Earth sciences or equivalent subjects within natural sciences or technical sciences.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equvivalent.
International12861 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25723 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 70000 SEK. The complete programme: 280000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.