Across one year of full-time study, it equips students with the practical, intellectual and critical skills required to work within the field of curating contemporary art and public programmes.
The MA in Curating Art and Public Programmes at London South Bank University offers current and relevant theoretical knowledge and understanding in the field of curating contemporary art, as well as a range of work-based learning opportunities, developing high quality curators with an applied and relevant skillset.
It provides students with hands-on experience of a working, vibrant public gallery such as the Whitechapel Gallery, renowned for its pioneering exhibitions of modern and contemporary art and public events programme. Students are placed in professional networks from the outset, providing an excellent foundation for their future careers.
Employability has been carefully considered for this programme, as one of its main aims is to offer students professional avenues into the artworld and creative industries more widely and support them to achieve professional success within this challenging and demanding context. The course offers transferable skills throughout as well as opportunities to engage with other industry partners and wider networks.
Being industry-facing, engaging directly with employers and interfacing courses with real-world communities are key tenets of London South Bank University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survival toolkit for the Creative Industries
- Working in the artworld
- Exhibition making
- Themes in contemporary art
- Exhibition histories
- Engaging the public
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 565 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We welcome students with qualifications from around the world.
- English Language: IELTS score of 6.5, Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C qualification
- Mature applicants with relevant work experience are also encouraged to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9880 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.