You will also study process management and how it can support the implementation and management of safety procedures/systems in chemical processes. The Process Safety course at London South Bank University has been developed in response to the growing interest in process safety, strongly supportive feedback from our graduates, and our strengths in research and teaching within this area, including the expertise in Fire and Explosion Research Group.
The principles and skills conveyed by the course will help students develop critical thinking and independent inquiry aptitudes which will enable them to be independent and competent practitioners in their professional life.
The contents of the module will help graduates find employment in the chemical engineering industry, oil and gas industry, energy sector, engineering design, renewable energy and pharmaceuticals industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emerging energy and sustainability
- Process management
- Safety, health and environment
- Reliability engineering and human factors
- Process safety and hazards
- Process control and instrumentation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Risk Management General Engineering & Technology View 887 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The MSc Process Safety offers a specialisation route for chemical engineering graduates, or a conversion route for non-chemical engineering graduates.
- The standard requirement for admission will be a 2.2 or higher first degree in engineering or a physical science from a UK university, or equivalent degree from overseas. Entrants from a science route must, by their degree or otherwise, be sufficiently prepared for the mathematical content of the course. Applicants must also meet the University's standard requirement for English, i.e. IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 580 or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10180 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.