This Practice Education course at London South Bank University is part-time and designed to offer a flexible pathway. It is possible to study individual modules or the whole course, however this decision must be made before application.
The course incorporates the elements required by:
- Nurses and Midwives who wish to become Community Practice Teachers or Nurse/ Midwife Teachers (recorded with the NMC).
- Social Workers who wish to gain the Stage 1 and stage 2 Practice Educator awards in Practice Education.
- The course also meets the needs of those Allied Health Professionals and General Practitioners who wish to be recognised by their professional bodies.
The programme incorporates the elements required by nurses and midwives who wish to become community or specialist practice teachers or nurse/midwife teachers (recorded with the Nursing and Midwifery Council). The programme also meets the needs of those allied health professionals who wish to be recognised by their professional bodies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The role of the Practice Educator
- Curriculum perspectives
- Practice development educator
- Leadership and Innovation in Practice Education
- Research in Health and Social Care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy View 70 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at London South Bank University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Degree in a relevant health or social care discipline at a minimum lower second class award or evidence of equivalent health and/or social care experience which equates to level 6 abilities, e.g. working as a senior practitioner in a clinical leadership or management role which requires evidence of critical analysis and evaluation. Students would expect to have studied at Level 6 and hold a minimum of 60 credits including a research methods module.
- Be working in an area with access to learners
- Where relevant, hold at least one entry on the appropriate professional register
- Have spent a minimum of three years in a relevant health or social care setting
- APL/APEL arrangements will be available to allow entrants to access the programme at different levels depending on previous learning and experience. This will include an interim arrangement for applicants who have completed the Practice Educator 1 from the previous course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.