In fact, our Healthcare Simulation program at The University of Alabama at Birmingham is taught by internationally-recognized experts in simulation design and implementation, and utilizes collaboration between students from different career paths. For instance, your curriculum will include classes in both the UAB School of Health Professions as well as the School of Education. Your coursework will be divided into the following categories: simulation and education core, leadership and patient safety, and electives.
During your first semester, we'll want you to be a part of a three-day, on-campus visit so we can give you the basics of healthcare simulation. After that, all your courses will be online. We'll cover current trends in the industry, project management, instructional design strategies, simulation methodology, financial management, clinical quality improvement, and fundamental leadership skills for clinical professionals. You'll also pick electives that give you independent study opportunities or other advisor-approved options. In the end, you should have a strong foundation in simulation methodology, leadership, and patient safety.
- This program is taught by faculty who have received Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
- This degree is one of only two in the country like it that does not require a specific previous degree for entry.
- Current Trends in Simulation
- Simulation Methodology
- Healthcare Simulation Laboratory
- Advanced Debriefing
- Project Management: Leading Successful Healthcare Initiatives
- Simulation Capstone/Non-thesis Research
- 16 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Health Informatics View 2118 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Potential students will:
- Hold a baccalaureate, graduate, or professional degree from a regionally accredited (e.g. SACS) college or university, or an international equivalent of a four-year degree.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 on most recent degree
- If invited, complete interviews with Healthcare Simulation faculty
International37026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1496 USD per credit during 16 months.
National35095 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1418 USD per credit during 16 months.
In-State14726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 16 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.