The Curriculum and Instruction MA program offered at San Francisco State University includes:
- A focus on integrating core content areas across the curriculum
- Engagement in action research and self study as tools to improve educational outcomes
- Opportunities to engage in analysis and receive feedback on your teaching as it develops
- Elective areas of specialization including language and literacy, math education, integrated teaching credential + MA, and other areas of specialization under advisement
- Classroom Issues in Language, Literacy, and Culture
- Teacher Research Methodologies
- Advanced Curriculum Development
- Family Literacy Studies of the Elementary Age Child
- Exploring Child and Adolescent Literature
- Language and Literacy in the Early Years
- Research and Practice in Language and Literacy Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 1098 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Additional entrance requirements include:
- A 3.0 GPA in the undergraduate degree or last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted, including credential courses.
- A valid preliminary or clear single subject or multiple subject teaching credential OR concurrent enrollment in a credential program in the SFSU Department of Elementary or Secondary Education. Exceptions may be granted for applicants who have at least three years prior experience in a relevant educational settings (such as museum or informal education) that do not require a credential.
- Evidence of employment as a full or part-time teacher or evidence of permission to work on a regular basis within a school setting through a volunteer program or other agreement.
- Evidence of written English proficiency.
International8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
National8918 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8918 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.