What you will study
The General Structural Engineering MSc course offered at Imperial College London provides advanced training in the design, analysis, assessment and evaluation of concrete, steel and composite structures including bridges and buildings.
The course is career-orientated and cover both theoretical background and practical design considerations. Lectures are given mainly by full-time staff but important contributions are made by visiting professors and guest lecturers who are eminent industrialists.
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE)
- The Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation (CIHT)
- Reinforced Concrete
- Steel Components
- Structural Analysis
- Design of Timber and Masonry Structures
- Finite Element Analysis
- Prestressed Concrete
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Most postgraduate courses remain open until they are full, so make sure you apply in good time. UK and non-visa nationals have the same deadline.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Design General Engineering & Technology View 769 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- The minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in civil engineering, natural sciences, earth sciences or a numerate discipline.
- A suitable grounding in mathematics is required, for example: A-level Mathematics grade A or B.
- Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements listed but who have substantial relevant industry experience may exceptionally be admitted following completion of a ‘Special Qualifying Exam’ (SQE).
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
International35700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.