As a matter of fact, whether you're just entering this industry or looking to advance your career, our Accounting program at The University of Alabama at Birmingham is perfect for you. Why? Well, for starters, we designed it with professionals in mind. That means evening and online classes for your convenience. Your curriculum will cover material such as business law, corporate governance, and financial accounting research. Plus, with elective options that include Security Management, Digital Forensics, and Data Science for Business, we have everything you need for a well-rounded education.
Best of all, you'll get plenty of networking opportunities, internship opportunities, and hands-on learning experiences within Birmingham and beyond. Finally, upon graduation, you will have taken the courses to help you prepare for positions at accounting firms both locally and nationally, as well as at corporations and government entities.
- The Collat School of Business holds an Accounting accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—the highest honor a business school can achieve for its accounting programs.
- Jobs in Accounting and Auditing are growing at a rate of 10 percent—faster than average (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Financial Accounting Research
- Advanced Auditing and Attestation
- Governance and the Business Environment
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- International Accounting: Study Abroad
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Forensic Accounting View 71 other Masters in Forensic Accounting in United States
- A bachelor's degree in accounting from an institution accredited by AACSB, received within the five-year period immediately preceding the desired term of enrollment (or a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and minimum of B in all accounting courses. In addition, a minimum score of 500 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Application form
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly by the Registrar or responsible head of the institution to the UAB Graduate School
- Three professional references.
- A general credentialing evaluation from ECE or WES stating U.S. degree equivalency and GPA is required.
International34230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1141 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1066 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 450 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.