The department would be playing a vital role in providing resourceful man power through interdisciplinary way of teaching and research programmes.
The academic activities in the Atmosphere and Ocean Science programme from National Institute of Technology, Rourkela are oriented towards achieving fundamental understanding of the interaction among lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmospheric and oceanic processes for sustainable development.
- To carry out cutting-edge research in the fields of Earth and Atmospheric Science with the emphasis on application to geological prospective, atmospheric modeling and measurements.
- To provide education in the field of Earth and Atmospheric Science with an eye on strong fundamentals, research aptitude, devotion to profession and high ethical standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theoretical Meteorology
- Applied Atmospheric Dynamics
- Physical and dynamical Oceanography
- Weather and Climate Modelling
- Modelling of Oceanic Processes
- Seminar and Technical Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 5 other Masters in Earth Sciences in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.