Chemistry covers broadly three branches, viz. organic, inorganic and physical chemistry. However, today’s scientific world demands scientists to think across disciplines; consequently there are numerous sub-branches of chemistry such as environmental chemistry, analytical chemistry, industrial chemistry, green chemistry, biochemistry, nano chemistry, biophysical chemistry, catalysis and many more.
- The Department of Chemistry at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, over a period of time, has acquired many advanced analytical equipments such as NMR, ESI Mass spectrometer, surface area analyzer, FTIR, UV-Vis, HPLC, Potentiostat/galvanostat, Fluorescence spectrometer etc.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Main Group and Organometallic Chemistry
- Quantum Chemistry
- Chemical Applications of Group Theory
- Organic Compounds Preparations Laboratory
- Physical Chemistry Laboratory
- Materials Synthesis Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- 98 – 102
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 38 other Masters in Chemistry in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificates and grade cards (or mark sheets) from HSC onwards.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer Certificate.
- University Migration certificate.
- JAM/CAT rank card (if applicable).
- Reservation category certificate (if applicable).
- recent passport size coloured photographs.
- Application for enrolment in Form AC/201.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.