The Industrial Ceramics programme from National Institute of Technology, Rourkela specializes in the development of both traditional and advanced ceramics.
It boasts state of the art high temperature furnaces going up to 2500 Kelvin and sophisticated analytical instruments like FE-SEM, XRD, DSC, TGA, etc.
The current research focus of the department includes futuristic materials like Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, Lithium Ion Batteries, Nanomaterials, Advanced Ceramics from polymeric precursors, Materials development for tokamak fusion reactors, nano carriers for drug delivery as well as improved industrial products like advanced refractories and glass.
- An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems
- An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document
- Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structure and Properties of Ceramics
- Advanced Processing of Ceramics
- Seminar and Technical Writing
- Sintering and Microstructure
- Testing and Characterization
- Oxide and Non-Oxide Ceramics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate for proof of age (Birth certificate or Board certificate).
- Pass certificate and grade card (or mark sheet) of the qualifying examination.
- College leaving certificate/Transfer certificate.
- University migration certificate (If applicable).
- 3 recent passport size colour photographs.
- Application for enrolment.
- GATE score card (if applicable).
- Reservation Category certificate (if applicable).
- Address slips of parents including both postal and electronic addresses.
- Admission fee receipt.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.