The New Performative Practices programme of the Stockholm University of Arts comprises two years of advanced studies. It is research preparatory, which qualifies the student for a Master of Fine Arts in Choreography, with a specialisation in Performative Practices. Artistic development demands the ability to constructively question established methods. New Performative Practices gives space to art that challenges the commonplace.
Master Programme New Performative Practices
The Master programme New Performative Practices is a road to deepened and expanded knowledge. Physical, live-performance practices are studied for the development of new relationships to audience, new perceptions of the performer's role in society and a critical, ethically viable relationship to the continuous unfolding of live performance. The individual artist's development of a personally sustainable practice is placed in dynamic relation to society's demands, understanding and respect for artistic practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practitioners Methods and Theories
- Reflection, Documentation, Presentation
- Performative Practice
- Project, Organisation, Context
- Choreography with Specialization Performative Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 17 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English 6 or the equivalent
- At least five years of professional experience of artistic activities
- A copy of your passport or national identity card (unless you are a Swedish citizen)
- Upload your Degree of a Bachelor of Arts including the transcript of records
- Documentation that shows that you meet the specific Entry Requirements
- Your CV
- A letter of motivation
- Biography: Upload a description of relevant professional experience that is in line with your expectations of the education. The biography must be written in English. Maximum 1000 words
- A statement on artistic practice
- A proposal for presenting your artistic practice: Upload a proposal for presentation of your artistic practice
- A film of your previous work (maximum length 10 min)
- At least five years of professional experience of artistic activities.
International38070 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19035 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- If you are a Swedish citizen or a citizen of another EU or EEA country you are not required to pay tuition fees.
- Non-EU / EEA: 198,750 SEK per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.