In the The Art History and Museum Studies program of the Case Western Reserve University you'll benefit from close cooperation with and access to cultural institutions located in University Circle—in particular the Cleveland Museum of Art, which has been our partner on a joint program for more than 50 years, as well as Cleveland Institute of Art and the Museum of Contemporary Art – Cleveland. Plus, we partner with organizations across Cleveland, including the Sculpture Center and LAND Studio
As a graduate student, you'll engage with both traditional and newer theoretically based art historical approaches in classes taught by faculty renowned for their expertise in a diversity of fields. Plus, you'll learn from museum curators, who serve as adjunct faculty and often help our students' land exhibitions and publications based on their research.
- Methodologies of Art History
- Visual Arts and Museums
- Visual Arts and Museums: Internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Museum Studies View 96 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- Applicants to the graduate program in art history are required to submit GRE scores and two research papers that they consider to represent their best work.
- Applicants for the MA should have a BA major or minor concentration in art history or a related humanities field and a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- All applicants whose native language is not English, or who have not received a degree from an English-speaking university, must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); the required minimum score on the online test is 100.
International50838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25419 USD per semester during 12 months.
National50838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25419 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.