About the Program
The Aerospace Engineering program of the Case Western Reserve University offers a very practical training that is quickly translatable to the real-world engineering problems you’ll be asked to solve in the aerospace industry. Our focus is applying what you’ve learned in courses and exploring recent aeronautics developments to create new aviation structures.
Case Western Reserve has a long history of working with the aerospace industry and has a close collaboration with NASA Glenn Research Center, one of the top institutions for aerospace engineering. In fact, many NASA Glenn research scientists also teach in our program, and our students regularly assist on their projects. And our location in Cleveland, Ohio—a hub of the aerospace industry—puts you in good company and positions you for internships and research collaborations with top-tier institutions.
Plus, we make it easy for you to go further in your career in the way that works best for you. Our master’s program is available in three different formats, allowing you to tailor your education to best meet your needs:
- Our course-only master of science degree program lets you earn your degree in just a year-and-a-half through full-time study, allowing you to move ahead in your career faster. Completed in just three semesters, we encourage you to choose your elective courses from across the engineering school’s various departments, allowing you to enhance interdisciplinary opportunities and craft a degree just right for your interests.
- Our project-focused master of science degree program allows you to align your final capstone project with your personal interests or even a professional project you are working on at your company, allowing you to bring your learning to life on the job even before you graduate. Whether you’re working on a team project to develop the next generation of lightweight aircraft or UAVs, our leading-edge coursework and flexible final project lets you learn in ways that are most relevant to your career.
- Our research-focused master of science degree program combines the coursework of our other two programs with a personalized research project and thesis—letting you delve deeper into an area of aerospace engineering that contributes in meaningful ways to the advancement of the field. Many of our students’ research projects partner them with real projects currently being explored by NASA and aerospace companies, meaning your academic research is giving you real-world work experience at the same time. Choose to study full time or part time, if you are already working in industry. Plus, unlike many other programs, our admissions policies allow you to transition into our PhD program at the completion of your MS if you choose to continue your research and academic endeavors.
- Nanobiomechanics in Biology
- Applied Control
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Elasticity, Theory and Applications
- Musculo-skeletal Biomechanics
- Advanced Dynamics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 132 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United States
- Create an online application
- Identify and upload an unofficial transcript from each post-secondary institution directly onto the application. If you are admitted and plan on attending CWRU, then you will be required to submit official transcripts
- In order to alleviate the cost and logistics of applying, please do not send transcripts in with your application; they will not be reviewed. CWRU graduates do not need to send official transcripts, we can verify your information in SIS
- International Students: Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified scanned translations in English and/or a WES Evaluation
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Test Scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- CV or Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
- $50 application fee
International49358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24679 USD per semester during 18 months.
National49358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24679 USD per semester during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.