Rehabilitation counselors work with youth and adults in a variety of community-based settings such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, colleges, chemical dependency agencies and career/vocational counseling programs.
Students in this The MSEd in Rehabilitation Counseling from The City University of New York may take the national certification examination for the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) status after completing 75% of their course work.
- Minimum GPA for Retention - Graduate students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to remain at Hunter College. Students whose grades fall below this standard are required to raise their GPAs to at least 3.0 within one semester.
- No F in the first two semesters—students who receive a grade of F or WU in any course in the first two semesters will not be allowed to continue in the program.
- Progress holds due to Incomplete Grades - Students with two or more INCs will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Key Course Performance Standards
- Students must receive a grade of at least a B in key program courses.
- Students who receive a grade of F or WU in key program courses may not continue in the program.
- Key Program Courses are identified by the label (KC) in the course title.
- An overall GPA of 3.0.
- Complete all required workshops.
- Counseling Skills and Interviewing Techniques (KC)
- Theories of Counseling
- Psychosocial, Cultural, and Political Aspects of Disability: Rehabilitation and Special Education
- Group Counseling (KC)
- Multicultural Aspects of Counseling
- Measurement and Appraisal
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 608 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0; the Graduate Record Examination is not required.
- 15-25 credits of approved courses from the following fields: anthropology, economics, education, guidance, health sciences, political science, psychology, sociology, and related areas.
- Evidence of oral and written expression consonant with graduate-level study.
- Recommendations from appropriate professional or academic references to aid in determining potential for work as a professional counselor.
- Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program. Admission to the program is highly competitive, and each applicant’s grade point average, counselor potential, and applicability of work and life experience are carefully considered.
- Relevant work and/or volunteer experience is highly recommended.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 24 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.