The MSEd in Bilingual Early Childhood Education, Birth-Grade 2 from The City University of New York is offered in three languages: Spanish/English, French/English and Chinese/English. This program leads to NYS certification in Early Childhood Education with Bilingual Education Extension.
This program offers three tracks (or subplans):
TRACK 1 (Subplans: ECBB2LSPAN, ECBB2LFREN, ECBB2LCHIN) is for those without NYS certification.
TRACK 2 (Subplan: ECBB2OSPAN, ECBB2OFREN, ECBB2OCHIN) is for those with initial certification in Childhood Education, Special Education or TESOL.
TRACK 3 (Subplan: ECBB2ASPAN, ECBB2AFREN, ECBB2ACHIN) is for those with initial certification in Early Childhood Education.
- An overall GPA of 3.0
- Completion of ECC 72000 (Integrative Seminar in Early Childhood Education) with a grade of B or better.
- Track 2 and 3 students must maintain a valid and appropriate NYS certification.
- Complete the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) workshop.
- Early Childhood Curriculum: Birth through Grade 2
- Integrative Seminar in Early Childhood Education
- Foundations of Bilingual Education
- Social and Historical Contexts of Early Childhood Education
- Children with Special Needs: Birth through Grade 2
- Language and Literacy: Birth through Grade 2
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 3101 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- A liberal arts or sciences major or interdisciplinary concentration of at least 30 credits.
- General education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: artistic expression; communication; information retrieval; concepts in history and social sciences; humanities; a language other than English; scientific and mathematical processes; and written analysis and expression.
- An on-site writing sample in English and in Spanish, French or Chinese.
- Demonstration of satisfactory oral English and Spanish, French or Chinese through an interview conducted with at least two professors.
- Submission of official score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), except applicants who are certified teachers or school administrators and hold a graduate degree.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 24 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.