The MA in Comparative Literature from The City University of New York flexible program meets the needs of busy professionals, with conveniently scheduled late afternoon and evening classes taught by world-class scholars.
The 30-credit curriculum — which includes credits in comparative literature, national literatures, and multimedia screen studies — gives you the flexibility to tailor a course of study to your individual interests. You may also elect to take advantage of part-time adjunct teaching opportunities at the CUNY colleges and other colleges and universities in the New York metropolitan area.
- While “Theory and Practice of Literary Criticism: Comparative Literature in the Age of Globalization” is the only required course, you will also complete four comparative literature and three national literature courses that reflect your individual interests.
- You can further personalize your course of study with elective options from related disciplines, including the visual arts, music, theatre, film history, anthropology, psychology, and philosophy.
- You will broaden your intellectual horizons by diving deep into topics such as the history of translation, celebrity culture, sociolinguistics, opera, masculinity, and existentialism.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts History Literature View 750 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CV and 10 page writing sample are required.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time: $5,545/semester
- Part-time: $470 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.