The coursework of the Spanish Education program of the University at Buffalo includes current theories and their implications for teaching methods, materials and assessment.
Why Spanish Education at UB?
The features of our program include:
- opportunities to connect with and participate in local, regional and national professional organizations
- research and evaluation projects, including field experiences and projects in collaboration with local foreign language and bilingual programs
- respected leaders in foreign, second, bilingual and Spanish learning and teaching
- study of developmental readers, foreign language reading processes, and reading instruction at elementary grades; second language literacy; adolescent literacy practice; language, literacy and culture; children's and young adult literature; and second/foreign language assessment
- study of foreign and second language acquisition
- study of foundations of foreign and second language education
- Spanish teacher
- Adolescent Writing across the Curriculum
- Middle-Childhood/Adolescent Literacy Methods
- Psychological Foundations of Education
- Education or Sociological Bases of Education
- Teaching Foreign Language Gr 7-12
- Seminar in Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Teaching View 1098 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- To be eligible for this program, you must have majored in or completed 30 credit hours in SPANISH
- You must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Application fee: A $50 non-refundable application fee
- Test scores
- Contact information for two individuals who will each be asked to provide an electronic recommendation letter
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended
- Statement of education and career goals
- Applicants to the master's degree program (professional certification) must have applied for, or received, New York State initial teacher certification in the matching certification area
- Official original proof of your degree
- A course-by-course transcript evaluation by a NACES member organization
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- Official test scores for either the TOEF, the IELTS or PTE
- Financial documentation
- An official bank statement
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.