About the Public Health and Social Work program
This collaborative Public Health and Social Work program of the University at Buffalo with the School of Public Health and Health Professions reduces the amount of time and credits compared to completing both programs separately.
The MPH/MSW dual-degree offers two program options:
- A three-year MPH/MSW program, for students with a Bachelor's degree in any subject
- A two-year MPH/MSW Advanced Standing program, for students with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree
Both MPH/MSW course of study options are full-time only. While there is a reduction in total credit hours for the dual degree program, you must meet all other requirements for both degree programs.
- Social Welfare History and Policy
- Theories of Human Behavior and Development
- Scientific Methods in Social Work
- Health Care Organization
- Study of Health Behavior
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Organisational Behaviour View 1558 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University at Buffalo and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) in any discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 24 credits of undergraduate liberal arts coursework. Of those 24 credits:
6 must be in the social or behavioral sciences (e.g., psychology, sociology, anthropology, political science)6 must be in the arts or humanities (e.g., history, English, foreign languages, philosophy, ethnic/gender studies)12 credits may be made up with any combination of the above or with courses from the natural sciences or mathematics
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Human biology undergraduate course (3 credits) must be completed prior to the advanced year MSW curriculum, if not fulfilled at the time of application
- Three recommenders
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Application essay
- Pay the application fee
- A photocopy of your passport page
- Copy of Current I-20 and Visa
- English Proficiency Scores
- International Applicant Financial Form and Bank Documents
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 36 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.