About the Program
Candidates of the Social Sciences program of the University at Buffalo combine research in a core social science concentration with related course work in a second social and behavioral science discipline, including Anthropology, Communications, Communicative Disorders and Sciences, Economics, Geography, Linguistics, Political Science, Psychology, and/or Sociology.
- 15 credit hours in an area of concentration selected from Social Sciences department, including at least one graduate course in research methods or statistics.
- 15 credit hours in courses in a second area of Social Sciences. With prior approval up to six of these credit hours may be in an area of the Humanities, Natural Sciences or a Professional School.
- 3 credit hours of project guidance.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- After these dates, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEconomics Communication Sciences Anthropology View 431 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The online application form
- Graduate School application fee of $75
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Financial disclosure statement
- TOEFL scores
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.