Our courses feature instruction from experienced developers and real estate professionals who are thought leaders, experts, and dealmakers. Many courses engage the resurgent City of Buffalo, a vibrant laboratory for applied study in proximity to global financial and employment centers in New York, Boston and Toronto.
Students explore complex trends and innovation in this rapidly evolving industry, including place-making and urban design, affordable housing and community development, suburban transformation, sustainability and resiliency, and the effects of technological changes in the workplace.
About the Real Estate Development program
The Real Estate Development program of the University at Buffalo has diverse and deep relationships, and works closely with partners in every sector of the real estate industry and its allied professions. This collaboration leads to professional development opportunities for students, and generates thought leadership to advance innovations in real estate, architecture, and urban planning.
We have strong relationships with many UB alumni across the United States, many of whom are doing transformational work as seasoned executives or trailblazing professionals in real estate industry leadership positions. Serving as mentors, advisors, and employers, these alumni are located in major cities like Boston, Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, as well as in upstate cities like Buffalo and Rochester.
By creating synergies between the university and industry, we provide a service to professionals, and prepare the real estate leaders of tomorrow.
- Processes of Real Estate Development
- Financing Development Projects
- Construction Management
- Market Analysis
- Structuring Deals and Transactions
- Design for Development
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Management Studies Real Estate & Property Management View 96 other Masters in Real Estate & Property Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University at Buffalo and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcript(s) from every institution you have previously attended.
- Two letters of recommendation (minimum): Please identify in your application the names of persons who will be writing recommendations. You are strongly encouraged to arrange for at least one from a person who knows your academic work. The individuals will receive an automated email message requesting a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Resume that outlines your work and educational background and experiences.
- Personal statement, 500 words or less, sharing why you want to study real estate development, and why you wish to do so at the University at Buffalo. Please be specific about influential courses, instructors, books, personal or professional experiences, and goals.
- GRE scores are not required for Master of Science in Real Estate Development.
- Work sample or portfolio of creative work
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 18 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 18 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.