About the Program
Students in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering program of the University at Buffalo are trained for careers in engineering practice and/or further study at the doctoral level.
Requires successful completion of 30 graduate credit hours
Must maintain at least 3.0 GPA throughout program
- All course option (30 credit hours of coursework)
- Project option (27 credit hours of coursework, plus 3 credit hour project)
- Thesis option (24-27 credit hours of coursework, plus 3-6 credit hour thesis)
Major advisor plays important role for Project and Thesis options
Full-time status: Requires twelve credit hours per semester (nine credit hours if serving as TA/GA/RA)
Program duration: Typically three to four semesters
Informal courses: Up to six credit hours are permitted
- The Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering Master of Science programs have no core course requirements. However, at least 21 credits of the student's program must be MAE courses.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 453 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- GRE & TOEFL Scores
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Application Fee
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 18 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 18 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.