Our math education studies program is a part time program, available fully online. It is comprised of 33 credit hours and can be completed in two years. The Math Education Studies program of the University at Buffalo focuses on teaching students how to learn mathematics. Our program emphasizes the use of technology in mathematics teaching and learning, and the assessment of students' understanding and performance.
The features of our program include:
- Affordability – low cost, 50% less than comparable universities
- Flexibility – online and on-campus (day and night) courses
- Quality – respected leaders in mathematics learning and teaching
- Technology – use of the latest digital resources and tools
- Math teachers in a private, out-of-state, or overseas school setting
- Instructors in a college setting
- Researchers and authors
- Teaching and Learning of Algebra
- Middle Childhood-Adolescent Literacy Methods
- Measurement and Evaluation of STEM* Instruction
- Technology and Curriculum Integration
- Developing Curricula for Emerging Adolescents
- Teaching and Learning of Calculus
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 1868 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University at Buffalo and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent (i.e., 30 mathematics-related credit hours) from an accredited institution and an interest in math education at the graduate level
- A minimum 3.0 undergraduate cumulative GPA is expected
- Application fee: A $50 non-refundable fee
- Contact information for two references
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended
- Career goals statement: a clearly-written personal statement that speaks to your career goals, explaining your commitment to math, and addressing an educational or social issue in math education of personal interest
- Official original proof of your degree
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- Official test scores for either the TOEFL, the IELTS or PTE
- Financial documentation
- An official bank statement
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.