About Engineering Sustainability
Students in the Engineering Science - Engineering Sustainability program of the University at Buffalo choose elective courses in topics providing depth in energy systems, environmental quality and engineering management.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects strong job growth rate in many sustainability careers, both within the context of traditional engineering disciplines, and specialized areas such as sustainability planning and design, operations management, life cycle/footprint analysis and campus sustainability coordination. Renewable energy represents another prosperous field, especially wind power, where specialists can expect a staggering 96% growth in jobs through 2026. A master’s degree in this growing field provides students with advanced coursework, research opportunities, and management training to succeed in a variety of career opportunities.
- Economics of Engineering Sustainability
- Ethics of Engineering Sustainability
- Sustainabile and Alternative Energy
- Energy and Environment
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrochemical Energy and the Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Development General Engineering & Technology View 179 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
- Prospective students with a bachelor’s degree in engineering or natural sciences are invited to apply. The GRE is recommended, but not required.
- The default 30-credit program is course-based (typically 10 classes) plus a required final culminating experience such as a short research paper. Thesis and project options are also available based on prior arrangement with a faculty member.
- All applicants who are not native speakers of English must demonstrate proficiency by taking an English language proficiency exam.
- Application Form
- Application Fee ($85)
- Personal Statement
- College Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- GRE Scores (recommended for Engineering Sciences programs)
- TOEFL Scores (for International Students only)
- Financial Statement (for International Students only)
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.