About the Cross-Border Legal Studies program
Located just 20 minutes from Canada, the US’s largest trading partner, the School of Law is uniquely situated to provide students with exposure to cross-border legal issues both inside and outside the classroom.
A strong network of alumni based in Buffalo, New York and Ontario, Canada engage in a wide range of cross-border legal practice including trade, tax, immigration, real estate, and corporate and transactional work. These practitioners serve as community partners in the program and informal mentors to LL.M. students throughout the course of their studies. In addition, each student is assigned an academic advisor to provide one-on-one guidance throughout the Cross-Border Legal Studies program of the University at Buffalo.
- Students must take a minimum of 24 credits to complete the Cross-Border Legal Studies LL.M. degree, including a minimum of three credits of experiential learning. Courses qualifying as experiential include externships, clerkships, clinical programs and practica, as well as a variety of in-class courses. International students will additionally take a two-credit legal research and writing class and a two-credit course that introduces the United States legal system.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 195 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United States
- Our admission process is selective and based on both quantitative and qualitative criteria. In addition to your law school grade point average (GPA) and language proficiency test score (if necessary), the Admissions Committee considers other non-numerical factors in reaching decisions
- English Language Proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
- Your Personal Statement
- Pursuant to policy established by the State University of New York (SUNY), the University at Buffalo School of Law does not make inquiries into the criminal records of applicants for purposes of admission
- A nonrefundable application fee of $85 is required
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.