Prepare for Your Future
We’re as driven to see you succeed as you are.
Join the Biomedical Informatics program of the University at Buffalo, and we’ll provide you with the skills you need to manage information in health care, industry and biomedical research settings.
You’ll learn how to evaluate and work effectively with the concepts, systems and tools of biomedical informatics — key qualifications for high-level technical, policy or planning positions.
For those of you interested in an academic or industrial research career, your master’s degree will give you a solid foundation for PhD studies.
Train with the Experts
If you’re seeking specialized training, meaningful research projects and thoughtful mentoring, you've come to the right place.
Our internationally recognized departmental faculty have the depth of expertise to fine-tune your focus and further your career goals.
Too, we count nearly 30 adjunct faculty members among our partners. These specialists come to our program armed with a broad range of interests within informatics. They work in community health care or have primary affiliations with our medical school or other UB schools, including:
- dental medicine
- public health
- pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences
- the College of Arts & Sciences
These collaborations open doors for you, allowing you to train in a variety of environments — from hospitals and other clinical health sites to public health settings and biomedical research laboratories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Biomedical Informatics
- Systems, Databases, & Software Development Methods in Biomedical Informatics
- Biomedical Informatics Application Domains and Ethics
- Data Analysis, and Research Methods in Biomedical Informatics
- Biomedical Informatics Thesis Research
- Bioinformatics and Translational Research Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Informatics & Information Sciences Bioinformatics View 520 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
You must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent to enter the program. Admission is based on:
- academic performance, including a grade point average of B (3.0) or better
- examination scores: GRE or MCAT (and, for international students, TOEFL or IELTS score)
- three letters of recommendation
We give preference to students who have completed courses in one more more of the following subjects:
- computer sciences or programming
- biology and/or other health sciences
- mathematics (through calculus)
- statistical analysis
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.