Students in the Biological Sciences program of the University at Buffalo build on foundational coursework to complete a research project under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Hands-on training: Students develop essential laboratory skills by working in research labs with faculty in a variety of life science disciplines.
- Course-based training focused on your needs: Flexible degree program allows you to choose courses that provide you with the background knowledge in your area of interest.
- Develop ancillary skills: Build other relevant skillsets such as data preparation, oral presentation, and scientific writing to become a well-rounded, competitive job candidate.
- Option to transfer to PhD: MS students who excel can transfer seamlessly to the PhD track in Biological Sciences.
- Opportunities for funding: MS candidates are eligible for teaching assistantships that provide a stipend.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- As a foundation for the research experience, MS candidates complete 18 credit hours of coursework. Courses cover advanced topics in the biological sciences and teach critical thinking, analysis of primary scientific literature, and experimental design.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 1177 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Personal Statement
- Transcripts from every college attended
- The GRE is now optional
- Email addresses and contact information of three people who have agreed to provide letters of recommendation
- A non-refundable application fee of $75.00
- TOEFL scores
- A copy of passport biographical page
- Graduate Student International Financial form
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.