Students in the Biological Sciences program of the University at Buffalo build on foundational coursework to complete a research project under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Hands-on training: Students develop essential laboratory skills by working in research labs with faculty in a variety of life science disciplines.
- Course-based training focused on your needs: Flexible degree program allows you to choose courses that provide you with the background knowledge in your area of interest.
- Develop ancillary skills: Build other relevant skillsets such as data preparation, oral presentation, and scientific writing to become a well-rounded, competitive job candidate.
- Option to transfer to PhD: MS students who excel can transfer seamlessly to the PhD track in Biological Sciences.
- Opportunities for funding: MS candidates are eligible for teaching assistantships that provide a stipend.
- As a foundation for the research experience, MS candidates complete 18 credit hours of coursework. Courses cover advanced topics in the biological sciences and teach critical thinking, analysis of primary scientific literature, and experimental design.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 495 other Masters in Genetics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University at Buffalo and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Personal Statement
- Transcripts from every college attended
- The GRE is now optional
- Email addresses and contact information of three people who have agreed to provide letters of recommendation
- A non-refundable application fee of $75.00
- TOEFL scores
- A copy of passport biographical page
- Graduate Student International Financial form
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.