the Literature - Culture - Media, General Literature programme from Lund University's students can choose between a specialisation in Children’s and Adolescent, English, French, General, German, Russian, Spanish or Yiddish Literature, or Scandinavian Studies.
There are theoretical courses, discussing aesthetic and cultural topics of a general nature, as well as courses focused on specific literary genres, themes or historical periods. Critical attention is also given to the many forms in which literature enters the media and the public arena in contemporary society. The final examination takes the form of a Master’s thesis.
The programme serves as preparation either for further academic studies (i.e. a PhD) or for a professional career in the field of literature, culture and media.
- Literary Theory and Method
- World Literature/Intercultural Understanding
- The Swedish and Danish Literary Canon – a Historical and Theoretical Perspective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Literature View 29 other Masters in Literature in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA in General Literature, including 90 credits in the subject, proficiency in English corresponding to English 6/English Course B from Swedish upper secondary school or the equivalent and proficiency in Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
- Based on Bachelor's degree essay (essay should be submitted with application, if the Bachelor's degree does not require a thesis this should be clearly stated and an equivalent writing sample should be submitted), grades of relevant courses, and letter of intent (submit with application), in that order. Additionally, interviews may be conducted.
International999 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1999 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
SEK 220 00
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.