A student admitted to the Chinese programme at Jawaharlal Nehru University is required to clear prescribed courses in the areas like methodology, language, literature, culture, history, India-China contacts and write dissertation for completion of M.Phil and Ph.D.
- The Chinese programme started under the Centre for Afro-Asian Languages (CAAL) in 1973. As the demand for the East Asian languages peaked up, the Centre for East Asian Languages (CEAL) came into being in the 1980s, and the Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies (CCSEAS) in 1996.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology
- Chinese Culture Studies
- India-china Civilizational Interaction
- Contemporary Chinese Literature & Literary Criticism
- Chinese Literary History
- Chinese Language, Linguistic Profile & Styles Of Modern Chinese
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.