A new and unique Master's programme (M.A.) in Economics was introduced by the department at Jawaharlal Nehru University in 1995/96.
- The MA programme has proved to be highly successful which is evident from the increasing number of applications we receive every year (exceeding 1500 + for about 35 seats).
- After completing the MA, our students have gone for higher studies in India and abroad including LSE, Princeton, Yale, Rochester, NYU and Ohio State. Some have received lucrative job offers from the top corporates (GE, HSBC, ICICI, Infosys, American Express, Exim Bank, CII, Churchill India among others).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mathematical Methods of Economics
- Economic Development
- Theory of International Trade
- Balance of Payments
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.