Over the years, this Inner Asian Studies Programme from Jawaharlal Nehru University has evolved as the advanced Center of Central Asian Studies in India and is known for its excellent research work and publications both at the national and international level.
- This academic programme has not only helped in sensitizing Indian public and official opinion about the important developments taking place in Central Asia, but also has contributed to strengthen Indian cultural ties with its extended neighbourhood in Central Asia.
- Keeping in view its contribution, University Grants Commission accorded in 2001 the status of Area Studies Programme to this Programme.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Great Power Interest in Central Asia
- Human Security in Central Asia
- Geo-Politics of Afghanistan
- Government and Politics in Central Asia
- Society, Culture and Politics in Xinjiang
- Modern Tibetan Language
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.