The US Studies programme at Jawaharlal Nehru University is proud to have produced above two hundred doctoral theses and several hundred M.Phil dissertations.
- Their research experience, participation in critical international and national debates on crucial issues involving US policy towards India and its neighbours; and their well rounded knowledge of US Politics and Foreign Policy have enabled them to encourage scholars to study, conduct research and expand their knowledge and understanding of the United States.
- Alumni of the US Studies programme have found a place in the faculty of various colleges and universities, in the print and audio-visual media and also in different branches of the Indian bureaucracy.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Government and Politics of the U.S.A.
- Foreign Policy of the United States since the Second World War
- Themes in Contemporary American History
- Executive, Congress and Foreign Policy
- American National Security Policy & Process
- US Policy towards the Asia-Pacific Region
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Foreign Nationals applying for admission as self financing students are required to provide detail of the Bank account, etc. with their application forms and a certificate from their respective bankers to the effect that they have sufficient funds available in their bank account to sustain their studies in India for the duration of the programme.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 RS - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.