Candidates seeking admission to any of the M Phil courses at Jawaharlal Nehru University, including CInema Studies, are expected to have a broad knowledge of the history, practice and theories of their respective disciplines.
- Selected candidates in each stream will spend the first two semesters in coursework including two compulsory courses (i) Research Methodology and (ii) Dissertation Seminar as well as two optional courses.
- Each course carries four credits; a total of 16 credits are earned through the coursework. After successful completion of the coursework, students will devote two semesters to writing a dissertation, which carries a further 12 credits. Students who earn the required grade point average (CGPA) in the M Phil are automatically enrolled in the PhD programme.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Critical Theory to Cultural Studies
- Melodrama and Popular Culture
- Cinema and the City
- Documentary & Non Fiction Cinema
- Cinema and Transnationalism
- Advanced Research Seminar in Film and Media Cultures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 5 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the MPhil. programme is through a separate entrance examination for each stream (i) Visual Studies, (ii) Cinema Studies, and (iii) Theatre and Performance Studies followed by a viva voce.
- Only those candidates will be eligible to apply who have a Masters degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks.
International2200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1100 USD per semester during 12 months.
- 216 Rs - national
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.