The Department comprises of highly competent faculty members including seven Professors, five Associate Professors and eight Assistant Professors.
Each faculty is actively engaged in research and has published more than 400 research papers in reputed peer reviewed Journals during last five years. The Department has one patent to its credit.
The research programme in Chemistry from Jamia Millia Islamia is focused on the following frontier areas of chemical sciences:
- Inorganic Chemistry: Lanthanide Luminescent complexes; 4f-4f absorption, Hypersensitivity and NMR of paramagnetic lanthanide complexes; Macrocyclic and supramolecular complexes and metal containing polymers; Industrial wastewater treatment and adsorption technology; Biopolymers and Anticancer activity of Metal complexes.
- Organic Chemistry: Anti-amoebic activity of natural products and metal complexes; Natural dyes; Simple and chiral separations by liquid chromatography; Stereoselective synthesis of organic compounds and Development of Anticancer Drugs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Inorganic Chemistry-I
- Inorganic Chemistry Practical
- Elements of Materials Chemistry
- Elements of Materials Chemistry Practical-I
- Organic Chemistry Practical-l
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 22 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International90 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 90 EUR per year during 24 months.
National90 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 90 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 8,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.