The Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences was established in the year 2006. The reason for its establishment was a realization of the fact that each modern development in biology has its roots in basic sciences. In order to achieve its goal the Centre has both basic scientists and life scientists as faculty members who are doing research in modern areas of life sciences.
Objectives of MSc Biophysics program at Jamia Millia Islamia:
- To enable students to conduct independent research, industrial activity as well as teaching in specialised educational institutions.
- To prepare research personnel in priority areas such as nonlinear sciences, molecular biology, genomics and proteomics, cellular biotechnologies, regulatory processes, immunology, bioinformatics and mathematical modelling of biological processes.
- To provide extensive lab based teaching and experimental work.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Structural Biology
- Radiation Biophysics
- Mathematical and Bio-statistical Techniques
- Membrane Biophysics
- Quantum Physics and Chemistry
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International144 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 144 EUR per year during 24 months.
National144 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 144 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.