At the University of Europe for Applied Sciences , students are educated from day one to become managers in the areas of Sports, Event, and Marketing Management. You can look forward to special highlights, such as seminars and projects with partners from business, sports, and academia. In addition, this master's program can easily be combined with a second job, as our lectures take place between Wednesday afternoon and Saturday evening.
The optional semester abroad at the Real Madrid Graduate School (Universidad Europea de Madrid) provides you with a complementary MBA degree without losing time, offering you an up-close look at one of the most successful soccer clubs in the world. Aside from the international profile, the informal environment is perfect to establish contacts to plan and determine your future path.
University of Europe for Applied Sciences focuses on your development. That's why we teach in small learning groups and in a friendly and personal atmosphere. You will be taught by renowned lecturers with backgrounds in sports and event management. You will study at a campus that is centrally located, equipped with the newest technology, and known for its international and English-speaking character.
At the University of Europe for Applied Sciences you even get the possibilty to actively shape your studies and your career path. Depending on your personal career goals, you will select your own specializations and choose from a range of interdisciplinary subjects. A special executive training and certificate qualifies you optimally for future leadership tasks. The International Sport and Event Management programs taught at the University of Applied Sciences Europe also include practical projects with top business partners and optional field trips (for example to the Silicon Valley) which will prepare you perfectly for the job market of tomorrow.
Career options with a degree in Sport and Event Management
From football to fashion, concerts to trade fairs – live events shape the world and are of huge economic importance. The master’s degree program, with its international focus, ideally prepares you for managerial roles in the booming sports and events branches. As a sport and event manager, you conceive, organize, and evaluate emotional worlds of experience that excite and touch people – and which are also an economic success.
- Sports management, sporting goods industry
- Sporting rights marketer, player’s agent, tournament organizer
- Sports media
- Ticket market, hospitality industry
- Sports conventions and trade fairs
- Fitness studios, soccer academies
- Sports tourism provider
- Municipal sports management
The Master of Arts (M.A.) enables you to go on to complete your Ph.D. studies leading to a doctorate, possibly as a requirement for a teaching or research position at universities and other institutions.
Only in Berlin taught in English; in Hamburg & Iserlohn in German!
This programme is available at the Berlin, Hamburg and Iserlohn study location.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Sport Governance
- International Sport Systems
- Ethics in International Sport Management
- Corporate Event Management
- Meeting, Incentive & Travel Management
- Event & Cross Channel Marketing
- HR Development
- Coaching & Training
- Strategic Competence Management
- Exhibition Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Start dates are simmilar for the Berlin, Hamburg and Iserlohn study locations.
- Low cost of living
- Buzzing international city with a great lifestyle
- No German required (everyone speaks English)
- Campus in great location (city center, well-connected)
- Headquarters of many international companies and start-ups
- Great for entrepreneurs and freelancers
- Campus in well-connected location
- Relatively low cost of living (compared with other European cities)
- Vibrant city with a great lifestyle and an abundance of leisure activities
- Beautiful location (famous harbor and lots of bridges)
- Big city vibes without being too overwhelming
DisciplinesSports Management Media Management Event Management View 7 other Masters in Sports Management in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree, a German Diplom or Magister
- Final grade of “Good” (GPA: 2.5), otherwise a letter of recommendation from the previous university
- Focus on business within your previous studies (alternatively, you may attend preliminary courses)
- Good English language skills (at least level B2)
- Interview in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13188 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13188 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA11988 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11988 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
You can apply for a partial scholarship for the length of one semester. The selection process is managed by the university. Other options are school loans with flexible monthly payment options from financial institutions.
The University of Applied Sciences Europe (UE) is state-recognised and students therefore have various possibilities to finance their studies. One of these options is to apply for a scholarship.
UE offers its applicants several university scholarships to financially support the tuition fees, but there are also numerous external providers.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.