Physics - Fundamental and Applied Physics from University of Silesia in Katowice provides exposure to frontier physics activities and develops general transferable skills related to data analysis, research, and communication. The program leads to careers in research, teaching, and industry and develops very valued computing skills.
The education in Physics at the second-degree level (2-year master's studies) is realized in English in two specializations: Fundamental and applied physics and Nanophysics and mesoscopic materials - modeling and application (Polish-French studies).
The Master program in Physics specialization offers a broad selection of courses, covering all the main topics of modern physics. The aim is to prepare graduates for various forms of a career in research institutes, R&D institutes and modern high-tech industry, as well as to continue their education at the PhD level.
- Theoretical physics,
- Experimental physics,
- Applications of physics,
- Computer modelling of physical processes,
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
If there are still some places left on the programme, the addidional registration round may be opened. Additional rounds usually last till September.
DisciplinesPhysics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 5 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Silesia in Katowice and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- High school graduation diploma with grades (with apostille stamp or consular legalization) and translation to Polish (prepared by a Polish sworn translator) – for candidates for BA studies,
- Bachelor’s diploma and supplement with grades (both with apostille stamp or consular legalization) and translation to Polish (prepared by a Polish sworn translator) – for candidates for MA studies,
- Medical certificate stating no contradictions to undertaking studies on the chosen programme – if required,
- Language certificate (confirming competence in the language of studies, B2 level at least).
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
No tuition fees for national students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.