The MA in Psychology - Industrial and Organizational - Group Processes and Organizational Behavior from The City University of New York shares a common core of five courses with other concentrations in industrial and organizational psychology, but places additional emphasis on theory, research, and practice at the level of social structures within organizations, such as organizational development, organizational effectiveness, group processes, team performance, culture, and leadership.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge base in psychology: Acquire advanced knowledge in general core domains of industrial/organizational psychology, i.e. ethical, legal, professional contexts of I/O practice.
- Scientific inquiry and critical thinking: Acquire advanced knowledge in specific core domains of I/O psychology, according to the program of choice. Human Relations: knowledge of group psychology, organizational structures, leadership, and motivation.
- Ethical and social responsibility in a diverse world: Acquire knowledge and skills in data collection, data analysis, research methods, program evaluation including the critical analysis of research articles and scientific literature.
- Communication: Acquire skills in effective oral and written communication of scientific research to a wide range of audiences, e.g. scholars and practitioners. This includes mastering APA style, presentation software, and report writing.
- Professional development: Acquire advanced knowledge in additional industrial/organizational domains, e.g. gender, diversity, occupational health psychology, communication, career development and other areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Relations Training Seminar
- Group Relations Issues in Organizational Psychology
- Psychology of Small Groups
- Quantitative Techniques in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Research and Program Evaluation Methods in Applied Psychology
- Psychological Concepts and Methods: Issues in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 240 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.)
- Two letters of recommendation,
- Personal/professional statement,
- Resume or CV.
- F-1 or J-1 international students must submit English Proficiency Exam.
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
New York State Residents
Full-Time - $5,545 per semester
Part-Time - $470 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.