Islamic Studies has been a part of Jamia Millia Islamia’s curriculum since its inception in 1920 at Aligarh.
- In 1975, a separate multi-disciplinary Department of Islamic and Arab-Iranian Studies was instituted. Following a trifurcation, a full-fledged Department of Islamic Studies was established in 1988.
- The Department offers courses at Honours and Masters level, besides two compulsory papers in Islamiat and Indian Religions and Culture for undergraduate students. At graduate and Postgraduate Level, the Department has adopted semester system and revised and expanded its syllabus.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History Of Muslim Civilization (From The Advent Of Islam Till The Pious Cliphate)
- Muslim Reform Movemnets/institutions In Indian Subcontinent
- Muslim Intellectuals And Thinkers Of Indian Subcontinent
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 29 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
National81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.