The Centre for West Asian Studies was established in July 2004 and formally inaugurated by Dr. Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India, on 29 January 2005.
- It is part of the institution founded under a programme of the research and development initiated by the Jamia Millia Islamia, a university steeped in secular values and ideas.
- The scope of the International Relations-West Asian Studies programme from Jamia Millia Islamia includes all the countries of West Asia including Turkey. India has always had multifaceted relations with peoples of the region.
- The Centre seeks to foster interdisciplinary academic pursuit of the West Asia and promote research on the region’s politics, economics, culture and its relations with India as well as its interconnections to a larger global milieu.
- It aims to provide a forum for informed exchange of ideas among students, faculty, and scholars from outside, and serve as a niche for public policy studies. It equally aims to generate and provide resources through which the interested and expert alike, can understand a region which has close and historic cultural, economic and religious links with India.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 13 other Masters in International Relations in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum eligibility qualification for foreign students/NRIs will be the same as for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
- The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
- English translations of all transcripts, duly attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency, are to be uploaded/submitted with the application form. Applications without the translated/ attested documents shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and should also attested by the applicant.
International81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
National81 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 81 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.