Medical Engineering at KTH Royal Institute of Technology is a two-year programme (120 ECTS credits) given in English. Graduates are awarded the degree of Master of Science. The programme is offered at KTH Campus and KTH Flemingsberg in Stockholm by the School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health (at KTH). The school has many relevant research collaborations with the globally recognised medical environment of Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset. Students are strongly encouraged to spend at least a term at another university (in Sweden or abroad) through an exchange programme.
Medical Engineering is a broad and interdisciplinary field. The programme is divided into three tracks to help students to choose a coherent study plan that fits their background knowledge and their aspirations.
The master's programme in Medical Engineering offers competence to produce and develop medical technology as part of a project group, in private companies or healthcare. A broad professional role makes it possible to work in functional areas such as technical development, sales or administrative project management, depending on competence and personal interest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Methodology of Science with Applications (Natural and Technological Science)
- Signal Processing and Data Analytics in Biomedical Engineering
- Simulation Methods in Medical Engineering
- Project Carrier Course for Medical Engineers
- Statistics for Medical Engineering
- Medical Engineering, Basic Course
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 91 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree corresponding to 180 ECTS within Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent. The degree must include courses in Mathematics, Physics, Computing and Electronics equivalent to at least 60 ECTS. The 60 ECTS must include at least 25 ECTS in Mathematics, 15 ECTS in Physics, 10 ECTS in Computing and 5 ECTS in Electronics.
- Transcript of completed courses and grades included in your degree
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letter of motivation
- Letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15235 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30471 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- SEK 310,000 per full programme
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.