Radio spectrum, part of the wider electromagnetic spectrum, ranges from Very Low Frequency (VLF) to optical frequencies and beyond. It is the soft infrastructure that enables wireless connectivity between places, people and devices through mobile phones, navigation systems, sensor and radar systems, for example. All of these radio systems are integral to the national infrastructure and defence. Extensive growth is anticipated in the field through the development of new radio-system applications to support what is becoming known as the fourth industrial revolution.
- On completion of this Radio Spectrum Engineering MSc programme offered at Aberystwyth University you will have gained advanced knowledge and understanding of the radio spectrum and of electromagnetism and its application to radio-wave propagation and sensing. You will be able to address complex problems in radio and its applications, supported by computer-aided packages, and will have gained additional skills in critical analysis and the interpretation of data, and how to communicate your findings orally and through written reports.
- Graduates of this degree will be well-placed for employment as engineers, technicians, consultants, researchers, and managers.
- Advanced Wireless Networks - 5G and Beyond
- Electromagnetic Theory and Microwave Devices
- Antennas and Wave Propagation
- Professional and Research Skills
- Quality & Engineering Management
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- Programming for Scientists
- International Strategy and Operations
- Leading and Managing Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 768 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A good 2:1 Bachelors (Honours) degree, or equivalent. Non-graduates will be considered individually based on relevant work experience.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.