The Materials of Photonics program at ITMO University is designed for those interested in materials science. Students study the microstructure and physical properties of various materials, as well as examine key aspects of modern materials science requiring advanced mathematical tools, computer modeling, and numeral experiments. Special attention is paid to optical, thermal, and mechanical properties of low-dimensional systems.Students deal with the development and research of semiconductor materials and nanostructures in lasers, LEDs, quantum photodetectors, and solar cells. As a result, they receive fundamental knowledge and practical skills in the fields of modeling, design, synthesis, and research of photonic materials.
- Creative Technologies
- High Tech Business Creation
- Thinking (Conceptual Analysis of Scientific Trends)
- Negotiations, Influence and Conflict Management
- International Research Management Essentials
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of optical science, technical physics, materials science, photonics engineering with excellent/good grades; CV & motivation letter;
- the upper-intermediate level of English
International4373 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4373 USD per year during 24 months.
National4098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4098 USD per year during 24 months.
- 297,000 rubles per year for Russian students
- 317,000 rubles per year for international students
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.